Requesting an Extension
In order to request an extension of your J-1 program, you must submit the following information to International Support Services:
- Completed extension form.
- New export compliance review.
- Proof of additional funding for the extension period for yourself and any dependents. Funding must be meet the minimum requirements.
- Copy of passport.
- Copy of current DS-2019 form.
- Proof of continuing health insurance coverage.
- $100 payment to ISS from the host department. Payment must be made as a Banner Journal Transfer.
Extensions may be process up to a maximum period of stay allowed by your J-1 category as follows:
- Short Term Scholar: 6 months
- Student Intern: 12 months
- Research Scholar or Professor: 5 years