TN, E-3, and O-1 Request Procedure
The departmental request process for TN, E-3 and O-1 status is similar to the H-1B request procedure.
- The OESRC Review is required
- The ISS Request Form must be used to request any of these statuses, regardless of the requested procedure, and the same internal approval process must be followed.
- When requesting TN status documents for a border crossing, i.e. where no USCIS petition is required, the TN employment letter must be prepared by ISS.
- With the exception of E-3 status requests, the ISS Wage Request Form is not required.
- With all requests, a TOFO and support documents must be included.
Please allow sufficient time for any and all requests; the exact timelines for each petition will depend on the exact circumstances of the request and the foreign national. A lead time of 5-6 months is recommended.